This was originally presented at mLearnCon 2011 by Float’s Chad Udell. The session sparked a lively discussion at the end. Obviously as people move from eLearning to mobile, there has been some confusion as to how to easily prototype your content for use on a mobile device.
Chad also presented a similar session at mLearning DevCon 2011.
Some key takeaways:
- Prototyping is a way to prevent issues down the road, ultimately leading to less expense, not more
- Prototyping can be easy and inexpensive to start out with
- Mobile websites and apps can be prototyped with a high level of functional and visual fidelity without have to write a line of code
Take a look at the presentation:
The Session Description
Originally posted at mLearnCon 2011 event site.
ELearning developers are used to being able to use Rapid eLearning Development tools to rapidly build and prototype eLearning materials. In the mobile world, these tools are a bit different and have their own constraints and implementation considerations. Development of mobile apps can be a tricky, specialized skill set. If you are new to this world, the barrier to entry likely overwhelms you.
Participants in this session will explore several prototyping paths and the tools and techniques used to accomplish them. You’ll get in-depth case studies to see real world examples from major industry-leading clients. You’ll learn how to build rich prototypes for various mobile platforms without breaking the bank, and many of the techniques may be applicable to final implementation depending on your needs.
In this session, you will learn:
• How to meet budget and scheduling constraints in prototyping
• How to leverage existing skills in building demos
• How to go to management with a winning prototype
• Getting the wow factor
Float would love to know how you are producing easy to use, great looking prototypes. Any tips you can share?
Latest posts by Chad Udell (see all)
- Float bids farewell to a friend, Gary Woodill - October 11, 2019
- Examining the Realities360 App – A Deep Dive Whitepaper - September 22, 2017
- Missed Realities360? Check out the app that Float delivered here. - September 11, 2017