Walker Sands Communications
email@example.com | p: 312-546-4127
Float Turns the iPad Into a Collaborative Web Browsing Tool with Launch of RabbleBrowser™ 2.0
New iPad app integrates Dropbox, chat features, social media, bookmarking and multimedia sharing capabilities for the ultimate collaborative work experience.
Morton, Ill. – November 1, 2011 – Float Mobile Learning announced today the release of RabbleBrowser™ 2.0, a collaborative Web browsing tool for the Apple iPad.
Building on the success of RabbleBrowser™ 1.0, Float has made dramatic changes to improve and enhance the usability and effectivity of the RabbleBrowser™ app with version 2.0. In addition to letting users print and share images, documents, multimedia and bookmarks directly from the iPad, the 2.0 version of the app now lets users share files using Dropbox.
Unlike basic presentation apps, RabbleBrowser™ enables a facilitator to guide an unlimited number of people through a Web browsing session or demonstration on iPads connected through a shared Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network. The app also uses both devices’ bandwidth for a faster browsing experience. Social media tools are integrated so anyone in the session can share URLs to the Web via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Participants can also collaborate using RabbleBrowser™ group and/or private chat, as well as bookmark editing and sharing. Facilitators have the option to configure VGA output to project their screen for presentation settings.
“RabbleBrowser 2.0 is the ultimate collaboration tool for classrooms, meetings, trade shows, presentations and just about any group environment you can think of,” said Float Managing Director Chad Udell.
“For the first time ever, you have a group presentation tool combined with a shared Web browsing tool for an even more powerful collaborative experience. On top of that, the added functionality and integration with features like Dropbox provide an ideal setup for when you need to work with or present to those around you.”
How does it work?
- Download RabbleBrowser™ 2.0 from the Apple App Store
- Connect to the same Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection as other iPads around you
- Begin sharing with an unlimited number of iPads
What can RabbleBrowser™ 2.0 do?
- Share files such as PowerPoints and PDFs saved on Dropbox
- Share photos, videos and other multimedia with other iPads
- Save and edit bookmarks directly in the app
- Enter group or private chat for increased communication and collaboration
- Send URLs directly to email, Facebook or Twitter
- Print documents with AirPrint
RabbleBrowser™ does not require any cables or wires. No registration or authentication with third-party services is required, and no subscription charges or in-app purchases are needed.
About Float Mobile Learning
Float’s team of experts combines strategy, mobile app development, and eLearning to guide organizations by harnessing the unique power of mobile technology. Founded in 2010, Float works with industry leaders such as Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT), Pioneer Hi-Bred, GROWMARK, and Wiley Publishing Inc. (NYSE: JW.A) to strategize and develop mobile learning initiatives.
The Float Team
Latest posts by The Float Team (see all)
- Top 3 Takeaways from CETS - August 19, 2019
- How Convenience Stores Use Mobile Learning to Reduce Staff Turnover - August 9, 2019
- Come See Float at the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase - August 1, 2019