Chicago – June 23, 2012 – Float Mobile Learning announced today that the company has introduced Tappestry at Techweek, held through June 26 in Chicago. Tappestry is the first social network created to enhance informal learning and will compete in Techweek’s LAUNCH startup competition. Float will also host the second annual Float Mobile Learning Symposium on June 25 in conjunction with the conference.
Developed exclusively for mobile devices, Tappestry for iOS is a knowledge sharing tool. The app functions as a social network designed for users to enhance the way they store, share and retrieve useful information. Conference attendees will be able to use Tappestry to share what they learn in speaker sessions, view insights from sessions they missed and interact with other users. The app will soon be equipped with capabilities to search previous posts by category and even geographic location.
“Learning happens everywhere, and Tappestry allows us to do more with the knowledge we come across every day,” said Chad Udell, managing director of Float Mobile Learning. “With Tappestry, users can track their learning and retrieve the information later – when and where they need it.”
Tappestry is one of 35 startups participating in Techweek’s LAUNCH competition. Float representatives will be demoing the application at their booth in Startup City on June 25.
In conjunction with the Techweek conference, Float Mobile Learning will host the second annual Float Mobile Learning Symposium. The event features a panel of industry experts speaking on mobile learning topics ranging from strategy creation to application development and design. The Symposium will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on June 25 at startup incubator 1871, located on the 12th floor of the Merchandise Mart.
Symposium topics and speakers include:
- HTML5 Semantics – Shay Howe, user interface engineer at Groupon
- Responsive Principles Behind Designing for Mobile – Steven Hoober, author of Designing Mobile Interfaces
- Designing Experiences – Aaron Silvers, chief learning officer at Problem Solutions
- Enterprise Security for Mobile Learning – Robert Gadd, president, and chief mobile officer at OnPoint Digital
- Building Game-Based Experiences for Learning – Kris Rockwell, CEO of Hybrid Learning Systems and ImpactGames
- How Technology Facilitates Social Learning – Jim Ferolo, creative director at Float Mobile Learning
Members of the Float Mobile Learning team will be discussing Tappestry and all facets of mobile learning at booth #8-9075.
Latest posts by Adam Bockler (see all)
- Float’s Highlighted Sessions At #FocusOnLearn - June 13, 2017
- 4 Examples Of Augmented Reality in the Enterprise - April 24, 2017
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Try The Latest Cydalion Update - April 13, 2017