Morton, Ill. – Sept. 18, 2012 – Float Mobile Learning announced today the release of version 1.2 of Tappestry™, the searchable social network for learning.
Developed exclusively for mobile devices, Tappestry is a knowledge sharing tool. The iOS app allows people to enter information about what they’ve learned so that they can store, share and then later retrieve it.
This latest upgrade emphasizes the importance of just-in-time information by offering users the ability to search for information on the network. Tappestry 1.2 also expands geolocation by letting users know what others have learned nearby.
“Learning is usually not an isolated experience for an individual,” pointed out Dr. Gary Woodill, a senior analyst with Float Mobile Learning. “More and more information is networked, social, collaborative, and based on local interests. Identifying fellow learners in your local area is often the first step in forming a learning community of people with similar passions.”
Tappestry is able to support all of these dimensions of learning using a mobile phone or tablet computer. Tappestry differs from other popular social networks because it is built for learning using learning technology from the ground up. The backbone of Tappestry is the Tin Can API, an enterprise-ready specification for learning.
“Because learning happens everywhere,” said Chad Udell, managing director of Float Mobile Learning, “this latest update driven by user feedback allows people to not only share what they’ve learned on the go, but to learn what others have shared by searching for information when and where they need it.”
Other notable features of Tappestry 1.2 include:
- Push notifications that let users know when their threads have been commented on, favorited or rated
- Leaderboards showing who has logged the most events and who has the most interactions with others in the system
- An integrated Web browser that makes sharing links simple and reviewing them even easier
- Hashtags for easy searching and saved recent searches
- Categorized streams that lets people see threads about only the topics that interest them most
- A redesigned stream view with larger type, a more flexible design and an optimized experience that makes browsing threads easier and faster than before
Tappestry is available to download for free from the Apple App Store.
About Float Mobile Learning
Float’s team of experts combines strategy, mobile app development, and eLearning to guide organizations by harnessing the unique power of mobile technology. Founded in 2010, Float works with industry leaders such as Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT), Pioneer Hi-Bred, GROWMARK, and Wiley Publishing Inc. (NYSE: JW.A) to strategize and develop mobile learning initiatives. To learn more, please visit http://gowithfloat.com.
The Float Team
Latest posts by The Float Team (see all)
- Top 3 Takeaways from CETS - August 19, 2019
- How Convenience Stores Use Mobile Learning to Reduce Staff Turnover - August 9, 2019
- Come See Float at the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase - August 1, 2019