Morton, Ill. – October 10, 2012 – Float Mobile Learning announced today the release of Sandbox, a Web browser for iOS devices that restricts users to a predefined list of websites. Sandbox is a great solution for classrooms, kiosks, retail outlets and other restricted browsing environments such as offices, libraries, schools or stores.
Unlike traditional privacy applications that block specified websites, Sandbox allows users to access only a preapproved list of sites or whitelist. Using Sandbox, a teacher can ensure students remain on track during a class project, accessing only material that the teacher has already selected. Similarly, a restaurant could limit iPad browsing to its online menu, or a brick-and-mortar retail outlet could enable its website for consumers to read reviews and watch interactive product videos.
“Sandbox’s whitelisting means those in charge of the device have complete control over what users can and cannot access or be exposed to,” said Chad Udell, managing director of Float Mobile Learning. “Teachers, for example, want their students to be able to use technology to supplement everyday learning in the classroom, but granting full Web access can be problematic. Sandbox gives them security and peace of mind without sacrificing the learning experience.”
Sandbox also lets users:
- Lock configuration settings with a passcode to prevent other users from changing settings
- Add bookmarks for approved websites
- Customize the appearance of user interface items and error messages
- Easily configure multiple devices through a centralized configuration file for easy IT deployment situations
- Enable or disable device sleep lock, making the browser ideal for kiosks
- Automatically return to the home page after the device has been idle
Sandbox is the latest in Float Mobile Learning’s collection of mobile learning applications, which also includes the industry-leading introduction to mobile learning, the Float Mobile Learning Primer, the collaborative Web browser for the iPad, RabbleBrowser™, and Tappestry™, a social network for learning. With Sandbox, the quartet becomes a suite of mobile learning applications perfect for informal learning on mobile devices.
About Float Mobile Learning
Float’s team of experts combines strategy, mobile app development, and eLearning to guide organizations by harnessing the unique power of mobile technology. Founded in 2010, Float works with industry leaders such as Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT), Pioneer Hi-Bred, GROWMARK, and Wiley Publishing Inc. (NYSE: JW.A) to strategize and develop mobile learning initiatives. To learn more, please visit http://gowithfloat.com.
The Float Team
Latest posts by The Float Team (see all)
- Top 3 Takeaways from CETS - August 19, 2019
- How Convenience Stores Use Mobile Learning to Reduce Staff Turnover - August 9, 2019
- Come See Float at the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase - August 1, 2019