“How much will it cost to develop a mobile app?”
This is one of the most common questions that is asked of a mobile development firm like Float.
And the answer, as always, is “it depends.” It’s like people asking you to make a video for them – “Do you want a wedding video or do you want Titanic?”
Like videos, apps come in all sorts of sizes, complexities, and constraints. The best way to get a close to accurate estimate of costs is to give the mobile app developer a complete brief on your expectations, budget and requirements.
Costs for developing any media is dependent on a variety of factors, especially the “production values” that are expected in the final product.
Larry Lauvray, a partner at Propelics Inc. has produced a useful white paper on “Enterprise Mobile App Development Cost Factors.” The document is broken into three parts to help define the cost factors of enterprise mobile apps. These are:
- Understanding the primary mobile app cost drivers – discussing some of the larger decisions to be made as inputs to App development cost
- How to size an enterprise mobile app – the factors contributing to enterprise mobile app development costs and the 25+50+25 rule of thumb
- Use case examples – two example scenarios where we put this knowledge to use
Of course, costs are just one part of the mobile learning app development puzzle. You also need to look at:
- the track record and experience of the developer,
- the technical competence of programming staff,
- design values as shown by previous work, and
- the depth of knowledge of both learning and the subject matter within the developer’s resources.
If you are concerned about costs, download Float’s mobile learning white papers.
Read Float’s white paper on budgeting for BYOD and other mobile technology strategies:
Read Float’s white paper on calculating the ROI of your mobile learning initiative:
If you need a cost estimate for developing a mobile learning app, send an email our way or give us a call.
Latest posts by Gary Woodill (see all)
- 6 Ways You Can Be A Spy at #FocusOnLearn - May 23, 2017
- 5 Business Cases Where Custom Software Is The Better Choice - May 3, 2017
- 8 Surprising Topics at #MWC17 - February 8, 2017