Do you need to use a learning management system (LMS) to track and report on mobile learning in your organization?
One approach would be to use an LMS that has been adapted for mobile learning (contact us for a list), or use an open-source LMS such as Moodle to do the job.
If moving is your choice, you should be aware of the new book by Mark Aberdour called “Moodle for Mobile Learning,” just out from Packt Publishing.
Mark Aberdour is head of learning platforms at Epic, a leading U.K. learning technologies company. He has more than 15 years of experience in software engineering, with professional roles in software testing, learning platforms development and open-source services delivery.
The book covers the following topics:
- Develop your mobile learning strategy
- Improve your understanding of how to use mobile devices to enhance your courses
- Selecting a mobile-friendly Moodle theme
- Understanding the uses for Moodle mobile apps
- Delivering static content to mobile devices
- Delivering multimedia content to mobile devices
- Using mobile devices for capturing reflective logs and journals
- Performing assessments using mobile devices
- Communicating with mobile users
This book is primarily aimed at Moodle course practitioners – teachers, tutors, instructors and learning and development professionals.
Latest posts by Gary Woodill (see all)
- How Assistive Technologies Extend Your Abilities, Whether You’re Disabled Or Not - November 30, 2016
- 10 Apps For Indoor Navigation - November 23, 2016
- Wearables for Wayfinding Have Exploded Over The Past 20 Years - November 16, 2016