It is relatively safe to say sales professionals are typically social creatures.
No matter what type of selling method you use – value selling, relationship selling, insight selling, Socratic selling – your salesperson must talk to other people, right?
Beyond that, any team selling approaches, sales mentorships, and coaching, and sales reporting all require professionals to talk about how they do their job. Sharing what works best to help them get ahead is a natural thing.
Are you taking full advantage of this predisposition to being “social” in your sales enablement program?
If not, what’s holding you up?
Having trouble identifying tools and platforms that can help you out?
Here is a small sampling of some social tools, and a comparison of features and benefits, pros and cons for each. Maybe this table can help jumpstart your decision-making process:
|Cost||Free||Free or Paid||Paid – requires Salesforce||Paid||Free or Paid||Free or Paid|
|Video||Not built-in||No||Yes (up to 2GB per file)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Link to CRM||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Rating / Commenting||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Native Mobile App||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Native Desktop App||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes, until April 2014|
The tools are only a small part, though.
Adding a tool, purchasing it or implementing it doesn’t make your organization “automatically social.” It will take steady grooming, pervasive usage, and productive conversations about how to best leverage the great communication that is taking place to gain a benefit for the whole team.
Thinking about the long-term benefits that a social tool can add to your sales enablement program is a great way to get started:
- What does a mobile-enabled sales force mean to your organization? Use this vision as the foundation and build from there on the back.
- What changes need to be made in your organization to facilitate social?
- Which behaviors can be modeled?
- Which voices should be heard?
Social has a place in your organization – it may just depend on how you sell it.
Have you adopted tools like these in your organizations? Let us know how you use these social tools for sales enablement!
Latest posts by Chad Udell (see all)
- Understanding the Benefits of Using Computer Vision and Machine Learning for Performance Support - April 9, 2020
- Float bids farewell to a friend, Gary Woodill - October 11, 2019
- Examining the Realities360 App – A Deep Dive Whitepaper - September 22, 2017