Morton, IL. – May 5, 2014 – Float Mobile Learning today announced the release of Sandbox Web Browser™ for Android. Sandbox gives users access to a predefined list of websites – also known as a whitelist – making it the ideal application for businesses, kiosks, libraries, schools and stores who need to restrict Web browsing in certain environments.
“Granting full Web access to your users can be problematic for a variety of reasons,” said Chad Udell, managing director of Float. “The ability to whitelist websites with Sandbox means those in charge of the device have complete control over what users have access to. For example, parents and teachers can say what websites their children or students visit, system administrators can dictate which sites are appropriate for work, and kiosk curators can ensure a pleasant experience for all users by preventing them from leaving the desired site.”
Sandbox, available on all Android devices, boasts the following features:
- Compatibility with smartphone and tablet devices
- Restricted profile support
- Lock configuration settings with a passcode to prevent users from making changes to settings or access permissions
- Easily add bookmarks for approved sites
- Customize the appearance of user interface items
- Automatically return to the preset homepage after the device has been idle for a specified amount of time
Sandbox for Android is the latest app to join Float’s suite of mobile learning applications, which includes Tappestry™, RabbleBrowser™, the Float Mobile Learning Primer™, the Experience API Statement Viewer™, and Wayfiler™.
With the addition of Sandbox, the Float Apps suite is perfect for informal learning on Android-powered mobile devices.
About Float Mobile Learning
Float provides targeted mobility solutions that serve your employees and customers. Our award-winning mobile apps help your organization improve employee performance in order to meet and exceed your business goals. Founded in 2010, Float works with industry leaders such as Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT), DuPont Pioneer (NYSE: DD), and Wiley Publishing Inc. (NYSE: JW.A) to strategize and develop mobile learning initiatives. To learn more, please visit floatlearning.com.
Communications Manager, Float Mobile Learning
The Float Team
Latest posts by The Float Team (see all)
- Top 3 Takeaways from CETS - August 19, 2019
- How Convenience Stores Use Mobile Learning to Reduce Staff Turnover - August 9, 2019
- Come See Float at the Chicago eLearning & Technology Showcase - August 1, 2019