- This event has passed.
September 28, 2017 - September 29, 2017
Incorporate Augmented and Virtual Reality Into Your Learning Environment
September 28-29 | Atlanta, GA
The augmented and virtual reality markets are expected to exceed $150 billion in five years. The use of these technologies are already becoming mainstream and will continue to be more affordable and accessible. Each of these technologies holds unique potential for organizational learning and support.
As an instructional designer or learning technologist, you may be interested in these technologies, but unsure if your organization has the need, expertise, or resources to develop a solution. At this LearnNow event, you’ll learn the basics of developing simple AR and VR solutions, and understand how to get started on a more complex design.
At this event, you will see demos of interesting augmented and virtual reality solutions, discuss their unique design considerations, and build working experiences that you can then replicate for your organization. This event is perfect for anyone interested in exploring new technology and how it can be used to improve workplace talent development. Finally, you will work on a personal use case for how to leverage these technologies in your organization, and look at the build versus buy decisions.
[Note: This is a design workshop, not a development workshop. You will be developing some simple AR and VR experiences, but no coding is required.]
- Explore the unique design considerations for augmented and virtual reality.
- Understand how each technology can be utilized to employee development and support.
- Develop working virtual reality and augmented reality experiences.
- Begin work on a use case for leveraging these technologies in their organization.
LearnNow is a two-day, intensive workshop that mixes traditional classroom learning with facilitated group work and discussion.
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional designers with some experience in elearning solutions
- Anyone interested in incorporating emerging technologies into their learning designs
Latest posts by Adam Bockler (see all)
- Float’s Highlighted Sessions At #FocusOnLearn - June 13, 2017
- 4 Examples Of Augmented Reality in the Enterprise - April 24, 2017
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Try The Latest Cydalion Update - April 13, 2017
- September 28, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- Association for Talent Development
- AMA Executive Conference Center
1170 Peachtree Street, NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30309 United States + Google Map