- This event has passed.
Beyond Screens: Designing for Augmented Reality and Emerging Technologies
November 2, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$99.00
New technologies are allowing us the opportunity to interact with our world in a variety of innovative ways. These new and exciting avenues of interaction are offering both amazing possibilities and unique complications. Designers are now challenged with designing outside the typical mobile device platform. As designers, we are compelled to adapt to these new and innovative technologies.
Float designers Heather Ford and Matt Forcum will be hosting this session to answer the following questions focused on UX/UI:
- Challenges of creating an effective user experience for Augmented Reality environments.
- The hardware and software limitations of a variety of emerging AR platforms.
- How factors such as device constraints, environmental constraints, and human constraints affect AR design.
- Types of user context considerations such as public, intimate, personal, or private when designing for AR.
- Knowledge of new and future emerging technologies that may benefit UI/UX designers.
- Considerations for making effective use of facial recognition, text detection, and location assistance.
- Utilizing AR technologies to create unique experiences for the visually impaired.
- Examples of successes and failures when designing for AR.
- UI/UX AR tips and techniques such as gestural considerations and other advanced design patterns.
- Employing user research and testing to increase effectiveness of your AR designs.
Latest posts by Dorsey Dixon (see all)
- Top Tools And Apps For People With Blindness Or Low Vision - October 7, 2016
- How To Automate Your Workflow: Slides From #360iDev 2016 - August 25, 2016
- Infographic: The TAO of Enterprise Mobility - April 19, 2016
- November 2, 2016
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- augmented reality
- Nielsen Norman Group